If you are looking to book a pest control treatment soon, here are some helpful tips for how you should prepare your home.
Internal Pest Control Preparation
Internal treatment areas include skirting boards, inside roof void & gel to wet areas in home.
- Lift loose items up off the floor e.g. clothing, toys
- Keep children/toddlers and babies away from treatment areas until dry
- Keep all pets away from treatment areas until dry. Suggested to put cats in cat box till treatment dry
- Mop your floors the night before
- Refrain from mopping floors for a week after treatment
- Clear kitchen benchtops to remove open food products from area
- Cover birds and fish/reptile tanks before treatment. If applicable, switch off fish tank pumps and filters
External Pest Control Preparation
External treatment areas include under eaves, around windows, external walls & along the ground.
- Keep children and pets away from treatment areas until dry
- Move loose items, toys, bikes, hanging clothes, edible plants, pet water & food bowls away from exterior walls
- Remove clothing off clothes lines
- Shut windows and doors
- Please inform our staff when booking if pregnant or respiratory sensitivities (including babies and crawling children)
- We recommend you stay out of the home until treatment is dry
- For internal webbing spider treatments, ventilate your home as per recommended time frame from technician on site
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Maintain a clean environment as excessive stored items in a home or against the exterior of a home provide breeding grounds for all manner of insects
- Keep your external walls and roof clear of vegetation. Ants and other insects will use this as a bridge to enter your home
- Keep up with regular pest control treatments for your home
- Keep your pets treated for fleas and wash their soft bedding/blankets and toys regularly to help manage flea breeding grounds
Download a quick referral guide here.
Learn more about what happens after a pest control treatment here.
Enjoyed this article?
If you found this article helpful, sign up for our free Quartlery Newsletter to receive all our tips and tricks on pest control and disinfection.Sign Me Up!
Our Latest Articles
Residential Insect Control Services for a Pest-Free Home in New Zealand
Eradicate Pests for Your Tauranga Business with Flick’s Commercial Pest Control
Pest Management for Tauranga Properties: Protecting Your Home and Business
White Tail Spiders: Myths, Facts, and Safety Tips
El Niño’s Impact on Pests in New Zealand
Getting Bitten at Night: Signs of Bed Bugs
How do I get rid of spiders in my house?
Noises in the Attic: Identifying Bugs Living In Your Roof
How to Distinguish Different Types of Fleas in New Zealand